Indian School-Dar es Salaam offers education to students of all sections of society. Admission to all classes is subject to availability of seats and qualifying an entrance examination, except to LKG. Admission to the children of Indian Expatriate may be made at any time during the session subject to stipulations laid down by the CBSE in classes IX-XII. The Principal however, has the discretion to decide on admissions.
SUBJECTS FOR ADMISSION TEST
Classes II-V English, Hindi, Mathematics and General Knowledge
Classes VI-VIII English, Hindi, Mathematics and General Science
Classes IX-X English, Hindi, Mathematics and General Science
Parents of students seeking admission to please note the following.
- Application Form for Registration and Prospectus are available at the Reception.
- Admissions will be determined after Admission Test.
Stage-I. Registration for Admission Test.
Stage-II. Admission Test
· If qualified,
Stage-III. Submission of Application for admission along with the following documents.
(A photocopy each of all the documents to be submitted)
1. A valid Transfer Certificate [from a recognized School, signed by the Principal and
countersigned by the concerned higher authority (Regional Officer in case of CBSE,
attestation at the Embassy / Education Dept. in case of overseas schools)] for
admission to class II and above, in original.
2. Mark Statement from the previous School. (Photocopy for submission and original
3. Passport of the student. (Photocopy for submission and original for verification)
4. Passport of the parents. (Photocopy for submission and original for verification)
5. Work Permit of the Parent. (Photocopy for submission and original for verification)
6. Three recent passport size photographs of the student.
Stage-IV. Collection of fee slip, payment of fees and submission of fee paid receipt in school.
Stage-V. Collection of Admission slip from the Principal and admission of the student in class.
- Uniform and Note Books are to be purchased from outside.
- Text Books, Belt, Tie, Badge and House T-Shirts are available in the School Store for purchase.
- School bus facility may be used subject to availability.
Age for admission to various classes shall be regulated as indicated below. The student seeking admission should have completed the stipulated age on 31st May of the year in which admission is sought.
Class Age Class Age Class Age
LKG 03 years III 07 years VII 11 years
UKG 04 years IV 08 years VIII 12 years
I 05 years V 09 years IX 13 years
II 06 years VI 10 years X 14 years
PROOF OF AGE
Birth Certificate (passport may be considered in the absence of Birth Certificate) in case of admission to LKG-I and a valid Transfer Certificate in all other classes.
Tests for admissions to classes LKG - IX is on 16th May 2013. Application forms for admissions to class XI will be available from the school office on publication of CBSE class X results.